I was the sole owner of a construction company until May 2008 when the company dissolved.
In October 2008, Safety Services Company mailed a package for Safety Materials directly to the company. I did not open the package, and like anything else that came to the company at that point marked the outside "RETURN TO SENDER, COMPANY DOES NOT EXIST." Another package was mailed about a month later, and I did the same thing. I emailed, left voicemail messages and mailed certified letters to the company requesting that they cease sending me the information as the company does not exist and the information was not wanted or requested. In November, I received a bill for these services. I, again, mailed letters, email, and left voicemails, NEVER getting a response.
Every month, I have received a bill, and sent letters, emails and voicemails. Until March 2009, they have sent me to their in house collections, where I receive a voicemail talking about the economy and how it's difficult to make payment, but "oh, we will work with you." I called 3-4 times and left voicemails letting the representative know the events leading up to this. This is not valid as:
1) The company didn't exist at the time Safety Services claims the services were requested
2) The services were never requested as there was no business, and thus no need
3) The services were returned when received
4) Repeated contact via certified mail, email and voicemail were never returned
5) I have never received written confirmation that I have requested this service as I have requested many, many times.
To this day, they are still trying to collect even though there is no documentation to show that the services were requested and that the company existed to request them.
Monetary Loss: $418.